The Surgical Mat™
Why These Mats Cannot Be Reused
- Any cleaning will cause the tacky, non-slip surface to rub off.
- Also after being used once, the self adhesive strips will no longer stick sufficiently to the floor or step stool.
- These are safety and liability issues.
- In addition, it is very difficult to properly clean into the deep channels of this mat.
- As a result, any remaining contaminates left on these mats can be tracked into other areas.
- Reusing these disposable mats creates both infection control and safety issues frowned upon by both OSHA and JCAHO.
- These disposable mats were designed to be used in surgery departments where there is no time or interest in cleaning mats between cases.
- The convenience of just throwing them away, infection control and safety are all advantages these product offer.
- If you want a reusable mat, then please choose from the other mats we offer.